Im not sure about you but during the festive months, but I love cosy-ing up with some hot tea and a good book and just reading for a really long time. Last year, during the winter I was in cold England and I loved to read books on the couch, so this year I thought I would bring some recommendations to you.
 |
| BerrieBlogs© |
Theres only really two options here hehe, but I have chosen some books for whatever reason that really get me into the festive spirit. The first one is Harry Potter. Im not really sure why this makes me cheery for the holidays, but the thought of snow over Hogwarts and christmas in the Great hall makes me very happy. I have read up to the 4th book and have slowly made a not so good start on the 5th. However I would really love to finish the 5th book this Christmas and hopefully get a start on the 6th!. My favourite christmas book is J.R.R Tolkien's Letters from Father Christmas books, which includes pictures of the Letters that Santa sent to Tolkien's children during they're childhood. Maybe one to read with your children or younger siblings, but a personal cozy favourite for me.
What is your favourite book to read in the Winter?
BerrieBlogs©
Something about the Harry Potter books and films makes me think of christmas too, which is kind of a strange connection to make, but Hogwarts at christmas time was always so dreamy!
ReplyDeletenueyork.blogspot.com
Great post! I'm actually reading Harry Potter now. I love the Harry Potter series. xx
ReplyDeletehttp://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/
I love reading over Christmas too, it's the only chance I really get! I totally get why you love Harry Potter over Christmas.. the films really get me in the festive spirit :) xx
ReplyDeleteJessie | allthingsbeautiful-x
Agree completely! x
ReplyDeleteMe too! x
ReplyDeleteMe too! Especially the christmassy snow scenes! x
ReplyDeleteI love those covers! x
ReplyDeleteThnks Candice! x
ReplyDeleteMe too <3 x
ReplyDeletethey are nice HP edition :)
ReplyDeletehttp://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/
Those covers look fantastic, how come I missed them?:-w Usually around the holidays I like to re-read some of my childhood favourites, like How to Kill a Mockingbird or The Little Prince.
ReplyDeletehttp://sowhatsfashionabout.blogspot.co.uk