![]() |
| BerrieBlogs© |
![]() |
| BerrieBlogs© |
To Buy:
- Sulphate Free Shampoo and Conditioner: (L'OrealEver Range, Phyto Range and Macadamia are brands I recommend)
- Mane and Tail (A shampoo and conditioner used by both Horses and Humans, recently discovered to increase hair length and condition)
- Hair Masks ( Macadamia Deep Repair Mask, Phyto Masks are great for dry and damaged hair, Use weekly as a hair treat and too keep it in top condition)
- Snag Free hair ties ( much better for your hair, they don't tug and crease the hair but keep it out of the face)
- Silk Pillowcase ( Cotton pillow cases are weaved in a way that leaves the hair frizzy and can lead to breakage, Silk pillows leave the hair shinier and are a little slippery meaning that the hair doesn't become victim of friction damage)
- Wide Tooth Comb ( Im sure many of you have heard that wide toothed combs are better for the hair when brushing wet, because they don't break the hair. You can find them for really cheap at most drugstores)
- Boar Hair Brush ( Boar hair hair brushes have been known to distribute the hairs natural oils all the way down the hair shaft, meaning it gets the nutrients it needs. It smooths down the hair meaning no fly-aways. These can be quite expensive, but are definitely good for hair growth.
- Hair Oil ( These protect the ends from splitting and keep hair moisturised. Ive heard this Agave Healing oil has done wonders for people. It is smoothing and keeps the hair moisturised. It tames frizz and keeps hair looking smooth and feeling manageable.
Ive gathered a few tips and tricks, to share with you if your looking to grow you hair back. Writing this, I remembered I forgot to include a picture of my hair now, but if you remember my hair in the Loreal Texturising spray post seen here, that was my hair before now my hair in a ponytail grazes about 1/4 of an inch below my shoulders.
- Although it hurts, frequent trims help not only the appearance but the health of the hair. I've heard that when hair is cut, It acts as if wounded and grows back quicker. Im not sure if thats true but having a trim every 6-8 weeks will help the hair to grow healthy.
- Use a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner as they don't strip the hair of its natural hair growing oils. It cleans hair without having that un natural squeaky clean feel. Mane and Tail is a hair growth assistant but changing up shampoos and conditioners every time you wash it will keep the hair healthy and not dry. Make sure to rinse the hair with cold water after every wash to keep it smooth and shiny.
- Massage the scalp every day with fingers or a brush. Just brushing the hair is massaging it, so that will do, but to got he extra mile and massaging the hair with your fingers will produce blood flow and create hair growing fibres.
- Keeping the hair care routine simple will also help hair growth. Using too many products can overwhelm the hair and clog the scalp, meaning less hair growth. Keep clogging away by using a clarifying shampoo once a week or keep leave ins to a minimum. I use a detangler, and the Oil and Cream method mentioned in a previous post shown here. This works for me and leaves my hair smooth and damage free.
- My last tip is to keep hairstyles simple. Braids are the best way to keep the hair out of the face and they don't tug on the scalp. Tight pony tails, buns and cornrows pull and damage the hair, leaving lines of damage on the hairline. Im a constant user of the Ponytail because it's fuss free and keeps me cool and hair out of my face.
Are you excited about these posts? I will keep you informed on my hair growth every month to show you how my hair has grown!
BerrieBlogs©


Why do they do that? Don't they know their measurements? I feel your pain. Good tips. I usually try to hide it with bobby pins (my horror stories usually involes bad fringe cut).
ReplyDeleteIm not really sure?!?! Poor you :(!! xx
ReplyDeleteI know how u gals feel. The other week I asked for half an inch off the fringe and ended up with a number 1 all over.
ReplyDeleteI wish i was able to do that but my hair gets split so easily that if I left it too long it would break my hair!! I need the scalp massagers! Need to try Macadamia Oil ! Ive only tried the products xx
ReplyDeleteI know this is suuuuuuuper gross, I've found that not washing my hair as frequently (I'm saying like up to a week) has really kept my hair a lot healthier and has helped it grow a lot faster. I think I'm going to need to invest in a sulphate free shampoo and conditioner! :)
ReplyDeleteMel // izzipenelope
Bad haircuts are the worst. :( Hopefully it grows back long and soon! Thanks for the advice
ReplyDeleteemiliashea.blogspot.com
no no! I have heard that really works! Ive been doing similair but not for too long! Ive been leaving my hair for a few days more than usual and am loving it!
ReplyDeleteYour most welcome and thank you! x
ReplyDelete