Now I'm sure if your a regular reader of my posts, you'll know how much I love coconut oil. I love using it on my hair and skin to give it moisture and suppleness. I know having coconut oil in a jar was normal, but I even bothered to buy one specifically for hair ( i really didnt need it).
 |
| BerrieBlogs© |
I dont think I have ever been more disappointed. I tried to incorporate little drops of this into my hair routine in an attempt to add moisture. It made my hair feel dry and split and I only added a few drops! I thought this was going to be the complete opposite but I was wrong. I added a little less and it did the exact same thing. I then did my normal oil+cream and my hair was back to being normal. I was really disappointed with this. I even put it on dry hair and it made my shampoo and conditioner a lot less effective. I would not recommend this at all as it is not worth the money. It smells lovely but just doesn't do anything for the hair.
BerrieBlogs©
I've also tried coconut oil (just a generic brand though) and was severely disappointed, it made my damaged hair way worse! It was frizzy and the ends snagged like crazy ... Not for me, I'm afraid! x
ReplyDeleteŽiva from Nothin' Fancy. Really.
I like my regular coconut oil that is solid, I use it for cooking too!
ReplyDeleteAllison from http://www.mercuteify.com
need to try
ReplyDeletexx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com
love coconut oil, i'll have to try this :)
ReplyDeletexx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com
Once I bought hair butter from bodyshop and I was so disappointed that I haven't bought any hair products from them again. I guess this proves my point :D. Thanks for warning
ReplyDeleteEvelinkivi.blogspot.com
It's a shame you don't like it! :( I am currently trying to find a good hair oil, not sure what to go for yet. By the way, I just found your blog and really like it - the layout and photos are so clear and nice! New follower. :)
ReplyDeletesophie-said.blogspot.co.uk
Sounds like something I need for the summer. Hope it's available in the US!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.inhautepursuit.com
Im not sure you want to!
ReplyDeleteIm not really sure you do! :( xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a bummer! Too bad you didn't like it.
ReplyDeleteI only tried coconut oil in my hair for the first time this week! I am not sure what brand it was but I got it to treat a dry scalp. I just put it wherever I had a problem for 15 and then washed it out. It left my hair smelling not so good so I had to wash it again really well, but it got rid of the dryness. However I wouldn't use it again in a hurry because of the smell.
ReplyDeleteXxx Cliodhna
www.sunnylikejuly.blogspot.com
i normally really enjoy the body shop products but i actually had the same experience with a hair oil from garnier. i don't know what i did wrong.
ReplyDeletexx
dornroeeschen.blogspot.com
Oh no what a shame! It sounds like it would be amazing, thank you for the heads up xx
ReplyDeleteGemma // Miss Makeup Magpie
I like The Body Shop's products but that's such a disappointment!
ReplyDeleteL&L - http://sisterblend.blogspot.com