So I've decided to add a new segment to my blog called Tea and Film. It will pretty much just be a movie review once a month showcasing some great or terrible films or television shows i've seen. So I've decided to write today's review of the recent film, The Hundrend-Foot Journey.
 |
| BerrieBlogs© |
Starring the legendary Hellen Mirren, Om Puri, Manish Dayal (90210 fans it's Raj!!) and Charlotte Le Bon. It follows the story of Hassan and his journey to culinary success. His family and himself move from India when their small village house burns down after a fire, killing someone important. The family then move to England, but find it hard to cope with the dull weather. Finally after travelling to Holland, they find themselves in France. Whilst the car breaks down, they discover a small cute country village and fall in love with the fresh produce and quiet country life. Thus, buying a house and opening up an Indian restaurant to preserve his cooking skills, right opposite a very famous Michelin star restaurant. I won't give too much away as I don't want to spoil it, but along the way he finds love, trouble and some tough competition. It all pays of though, because In the end he finds some much wanted success.
I thought the acting was very good, but my Mum said that it was a little light for Hellen Mirren. None the less I still really enjoyed the film and thought the film was really interesting. I thought that the story line was good and all the food makes you want to get an Indian takeout. An all round really good film and I would highly recommend it.
Have you seen this film yet?
BerrieBlogs©
I adore Helen Mirren. She's well known for her "heavy" stuff (The Queen etc) but she does do the lighter comedies as well! Calendar Girls is a particular fave of mine and I thought she was brilliant in National Treasure as well :) xx
ReplyDeleteLittle Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion
Would love to check out those films :) xx
ReplyDeleteCool thanks :) I will xx
ReplyDeleteLove this movie!
ReplyDeleteI would love to stay in touch with you, so if you want to
follow each other on google (GFC) and bloglovin, please let me know! x
www.beataba.blogspot.com
Sure :) x
ReplyDelete