Monday, 16 June 2014

// Summer Lovin //

There are tonnes of trends to look out for in summer, and I must admit I hardly ever follow them because Im a bit of a turtle. I like to stay in my shell and just keep what I like and not really reach out of my comfort zone. Although this summer, I plan to make it my best not only with memories but with the makeup trends in this post.
BerrieBlogs© 
Zesty Lips:
Im not talking about shoving a lemon on your lips, Im talking about bright oranges and reds. These are just an absolute staple for summer, whether they be bold or sheer. Im loving the liquid lipstick trend at the moment and something like the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid lipstick in 'Raven' or 'Riviera' can really make a bold statement, especially since they are matte.

Sheer cheeks and glossy lips:
On the complete other end of the spectrum another thing to look out for are sheer creamy blushes and sheer pink glosses. They are so subtle yet play a huge role in the look by tying together colours. Im loving sheer baby pink glosses such as the Laura Mercier Lip Glace in 'Bare Pink' add a really nice sheen to the lips. For the cheeks I would go for something like the Tarte Cheek Stain in 'tipsy' for a nice pinky peach flush.

Rough, Bold Brows:
Im loving the look of rough brows at the minute and they aren't that hard to recreate. Just get some eyebrow gel and brush upwards and shape them how you like them. I would also recommend going for a thick and long pigmented brow to really make them stand out. This paired with subtle lips and eyes are lovely.

Bronzed Visage:
Of course everyone wants to get a sun kissed glow in the summer, but unfortunately I don't tan so this is where a bit of bronzer comes in handy. Just use a small fluffy brush and swirl in the pan then apply to the temples, sides of the nose and hollows of the cheeks for a lovely golden glow. Be sure to blend because we don't want to look like a tiger.

Blue Eyeshadow:
I really love the whole bold eyeshadow along the lower lash line whilst keeping everything natural look because It just adds some pizzaz to the makeup. I love using colours that make my blue eyes pop, these colours include blues and purples to make blue eyes stand out. For green's try of course green's and purples and for brown eyes purples and oranges look great. Of course go for whatever suits you but make sure to try blue!.

What summer trends will you be sporting?

BerrieBlogs©

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of a pop of colour underneath the eye too, not quite our 925 look though ;)

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no our 925 was fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rough brow look, the fact it's a trend makes me feel better about my wild brows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to try the Tarte Cheek Stain - it's such a pretty product xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. brows all the way!v

    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana Cloudlet17 June 2014 at 02:17

    Dear, randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is magnificent!

    would you like to follow each other?

    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sprinklesofstyle17 June 2014 at 18:20

    I love the colours!! Pops of colour on the eyes or a bright lip is perfect for summer!! :)


    Layla xx


    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig