Thursday, 12 June 2014

Passport Beauty Tips //

Im not one to bring forward to the table how terrible I look in my passport photos, so I made sure for these new id pics I made the effort to look half decent. I honestly get so embarrassed when people look at my passport photos because I look absolutely done with life. My hair is always a complete mess and it isn't a good look. So, for the future I put together some important tips to make sure you all look more fabby than you already do for your passport!
BerrieBlogs©
Subtle Eyeshadow:
A little definition and coverage never hurt anyone so I say use a neutral shade on the lid to cancel out veins and redness and then try a neutral matte brown in the crease to create some definition. This will make the crease deeper and looks really nice in photos.

Bold brows and Lashes:
I wouldn't advise going for a bold lip and eye because you may not agree with this 3 years later. I think a bold lash which is separated and long really shows in the picture and looks like you made an effort, when really it's a couple coats of mascara. Bold brows are another thing that makes a statement. They show through the picture and define and finish the face.

Sheer Lips:
I always think that full pigmented lips looks too much in formal photos, so try go for a tinted lip balm, stain or just a clear gloss. This way the lips look full and plump, without looking too overdone. I really enjoy the Dior Lipglow because Its clever science adapts to the Ph of your lips and creates a subtle pink veil on the lips, whilst hydrating and smoothing.

What are your passport photo tips?

BerrieBlogs©  xx
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I think it is better to go a little heavier handed than usual as the beige background makes you look washed up. As you said, bold lashes, but in my case a little more blusher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Plus they use awful lighting to some extra pop of color to the cheeks is good. I'm not sure in the US, but in Philippines when I got my passport picture, they ask that women not wear too much eyeshadow or bronzer, anything that could change the shape of the face in pictures. It makes it harder for them to identify you later if they need to.

    Alex from Make Little Joys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is singapore they use a white background :(! I understand it can make you look washed out but sometimes I think its better to go bare face if you feel comfortable because I think that looks a lot cleaner :) Completely get you though girlie :)! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This are some amazing tips, especially the bold brows one since the flash washes out any colour in the face so I always end up looking like I have the sparsest eyebrows ever! I'm not big on sharing my passport photo either, it honestly looks more like a mug shot!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything here! Especially the mascara one, my long-ish lashes always look non-existent in ID photos.

    ellabooxo • beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes either white/beige, and as Alex says that lighting is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My last passport photo, I thought a smokey eye was a good idea. Five years later and I can assure you, it was not. It was not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome!!!!

    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dior Lip Glow has to be my favorite lipgloss/balm/lipstick ever! Need to get one again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! Agree on everything <3


    www.thebeautycandle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a good post, I'm always on the look out for in flight beauty tips or travel friendly products.
    www.vanillainnovember.blogspot.co.uk


    Katie. X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig